Aloe vera is a small stemmed plant, widely known for its sunburn relief and skin treatments but what many people do not know are these amazing benefits of aloe vera which is what I am going to discuss with you today.
Aloe vera plant is grown in tropical climates worldwide today. Research has revealed many benefits of its byproducts and is still digging more to know and treat different cases, from making the skin glow, treating the stitches marks to potentially slowing the spreading of breast cancer.
People do need to understand that there are more benefits to the home-grown plant than the products gels with added chemicals. Believe me, every part of the aloe vera gel could be used for different purposes in daily life.
Apart from the benefits, many people also claimed to have rashes and irritation from using the aloe vera gel. So beware of using this if you are allergic to it or contact your doctor before using it.
1. Hair Benefits
Do you know one of the amazing benefits of Aloe vera gel is for hair fall too? It contains proteolytic enzymes which help to repair the dead skin cells on the scalp. It works great as conditioners and makes the hair look smooth and shiny. It is also claimed that it helps in reducing dandruff and hence prevent itching too.
Diane Gage, author of Aloe Vera Nature’s Soothing Healer says,
“Keratin, the primary protein of hair, consists of amino acids, oxygen, carbon, and small amounts of hydrogen, nitrogen, and sulphur. Aloe vera has a chemical make-up similar to that of keratin and it rejuvenates the hair with its own nutrients, giving it more elasticity and preventing breakage.”
- Mix aloe vera juice with coconut oil and apply it on your scalp for shinny and bouncy hairs.
- Mix aloe vera gel, two teaspoons of yogurt, one teaspoon of honey, and a teaspoon of olive oil. Apply on the scalp and wash after 20 minutes.
- Tale a bowl, add three teaspoons of aloe vera gel, and an egg. Mix it to form a smooth mixture. Apply on scalp with brush and wear a shower cap for 30 minutes. This will surely boost the hydration and you will feel the difference by yourself.
2. Skin Benefits
Bill C. Coats writes,
“Since the skin needs nutrition of its own, Aloe Vera, when formulated into a properly designed personal care regimen, can treat, exfoliate, restore, reveal and provide constant, impressive nutrition to the human skin.”
- The use of aloe vera gel gives a much pure and fresh skin
- Improves skin and prevent wrinkles gives comfortable and soothing skin, it also treats small wounds like cuts, dry skin, stretch marks after delivery, and burns.
- It can be used by any skin type in summers, winters, or every other weather.
- The best quality of this plant is that it grows easily and one needs to just water the plant and it also produces multiple little plants around an old one itself.
Dry skin face pack:
A teaspoon of Aloe vera gel, honey, milk, pinch turmeric, and a few drops of rose water. Blend and mix it well before applying it to your face. Leave for good 20 minutes and rinse it with cold water.
You can also massage using it on your face in a circular motion.
Sensitive skin face pack:
A teaspoon of aloe vera gel, cucumber juice, yogurt, and rose oil. Blend them all and apply for 20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
Aloe vera Home Scrub:
Half a cup aloe vera gel, a cup of sugar, and two tablespoons of lemon juice. Sugar helps in exfoliating the skin and removing the dead skin off while the lemon helps to fade the scars and control the pigmentation. This scrub could be used for the face as well as the body.
3. Health Benefits – dental plaque, low blood sugar
A study published in 2014, that aloe vera gel is safe and effective to be used as an alternative to chemical mouthwashes. This plant has vitamin C which blocks plaque and prevents swelling as well as bleeding.
According to Britt Brandon, the author of The Everything Guide to Aloe Vera for Health,
“Aloe vera can improve the effectiveness of your diet and maximize your weight loss potential. With ample amounts of vitamins and minerals that contribute to weight-loss, as well as amino acids, enzymes, and sterols, aloe vera ensure your diet is not only supportive of weight loss, but also improves the body’s absorption and utilization, improving overall health as well as weight loss success.”
4. Shop for aloe vera juices here:
5. Note the side effects
The National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH) says that the topical use of aloe vera gel is well fine. Moreover, it has reported burnings, itching, and eczema. While it can cause abdominal pain or cramps on oral consumption.
The use of aloe vera when taken orally may be unsafe during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
6. In a Nut Shell
Aloe vera has proved to have remedial and medicinal properties mainly for external use. You can store the aloe vera gel in the refrigerator for a week in air-tight containers. Everyone should consult a doctor before using any products to treat any condition.Apply these amazing benefits of aloe vera and give your suggestions in the comment section below.